Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Journey Begins











It has been 2 weeks now after I completed my first attempt of a long distance tri, the Aviva 70.3 has brought much intense desire to try for a full Ironman. It all began in 2006 with the Osim mini which I completed with pain and sweat. Now after almost 14 months and many hours of training, all the lonely runs in the early hours of the morning, night swims and countless times of being dropped during rides and upgrading of equipment, loss of almost 11 kg in weight since Jul,06, I muscled the courage in 2007 to go OSIM sprint and following that the Aviva 70.3.























Completing the 70.3 in a time of 6hr 25mins was an accomplishment that I never though was possible. I must say that family support from my wife and daughter on this journey has made the training less painful and I muts be thankful for the good health that I am blessed with. Now with this new confidences that I have gained from the 70.3, I have commenced to embark on my Ironman journey to 2008 Langkawi Ironman.





Today I begin my training with my first swim after 2 weeks, it sure feels good to clock the distance of 20laps. As I am writing now, I am also planning the route that I should take for tomorrow morning's ride. Got to go now as I need to be up by 6.15 am for my long ride.










No comments: