Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Entry 05 Dec, 2007 - 79 Days to Ironman Langkawi

It has been a while since I last updated.

So what has happened since the last entry?

Well for start, I got injured again. But this time was during a business trip walking down the hotel steps. Missed a step and badly twisted my ankle. This happened on 31st Oct.

So for the next 10 days after, I was only swimming and doing light spinning on the bike.

I have not clocked enough mileage yet to be confident that I would finish Langkawi in the target of under 13hours.

So far, I have only ran 12km runs with times of 1hr 5mins. Did short loops around costal and selarang climbs.

I need to up the tempo for the next 8 weeks if i want to survive Langkawi and meet my target.

In my plans, i target to do at atleast 8 long rides up to 190km, runs up to 40km and swim up to 3.5km for the next 2 months.

Knowing that December will be a wet month, hopefully mother nature would be kind to drop rain only in the night.

Another kind of interesting thing is I am comtemplating on doing XC riding during the off-season. But now I am not sure as to which bike I should get, an XC hardtail or 700C Cross bike.

Technically speaking a cross bike suits me fine as the geometry really does not need me to adjust much. And I have more comfort in riding a road geometry frame than a MTB.

Well let's see in the coming weeks, which bike I would choose as my off-season ride.

Till my next post, ride safe and stay healthy.

No comments: